Welcome

I'm an aspiring boutique owner with dreams of painting the world PINK!!! Femininity is a trait I believe all women should celebrate and embrace. I have a love for vintage fashion and all things nostalgic! 'Vintage' women like Dorothy Dandridge, Marilyn Monroe and Lucille Ball inspire me.

MVH will be a 'webstination' (web+destination) for women to celebrate their womanhood...a PINK sanctuary!!!

Come with me on this glamorous journey!!!!

Find It Here

15 February 2010

My dear Marilyn


Marilyn, oh Marilyn!! As you may have read in my 'welcome' message Marilyn Monroe is an inspiration to me. I am like most people attracted to her ability to make elegance seem effortless. I imagine what it must have been like to be her friend, to be her shopping buddy or in this virtual world what it would be like to get an IM from her..lol!

Well one day, while I was out shopping I came across the cutest book all about our girl Marilyn (and get this only $5.00), 'Images of Marilyn Monroe' by Parragon!!!!! My heart swooned as my eyes looked over the cover. I wanted to stand in the store and flip through each page but I resisted the urge because a good find like this deserved more delicate attention. Instead I rushed home, curled up on the couch with a pint of my favorite Haagen Dazs and indulged myself!!! This book not only gives you pics of Marilyn you also get some great background information about her life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment