Welcome

I'm an aspiring boutique owner with dreams of painting the world PINK!!! Femininity is a trait I believe all women should celebrate and embrace. I have a love for vintage fashion and all things nostalgic! 'Vintage' women like Dorothy Dandridge, Marilyn Monroe and Lucille Ball inspire me.

MVH will be a 'webstination' (web+destination) for women to celebrate their womanhood...a PINK sanctuary!!!

Come with me on this glamorous journey!!!!

Find It Here

16 February 2010

Switchin' In the Kitchen...


As a self-proclaimed "foodie" it would be remiss of me not to mention cooking!! As a child I had dreams like many little girls of being a mother and a wife, I wanted to be the 'June Cleaver' type of woman. Upon entering adolescence those dreams had changed quite a bit as I became familiar with women's lib. and there was no way I was going to be 'slaving' over a hot stove every day!! My remedy for that was to be a single woman who sat at home eating chinese take-out every night!

Fast forward a few years ahead and I realized that as a young woman (who loves food) take out every night was NOT going to cut it. I set out on a quest: Learn to Cook!!! I searched high and low for a cookbook that would be a good fit for me and then one day while reading Vibe Vixen (which is no longer in print *tear*) I found just what I was looking for! 'The Get 'Em Girls Guide to Unlocking the Power of Cuisine' by Shakara Bridges. I urge every woman who wants to learn to cook or just add some new recipes to their collection to get this book! You not only get fabulous recipes but tips on wine pairing and stocking your kitchen are also included! Are you a Get 'em Girl?? I AM!!

Visit their website for ordering information and other things you'll find irresistable: www.getemgirls.com

1 comment:

  1. Jan I Love It So True.....Check Out My new Blog Tell Me What you Think...

    ReplyDelete